-Currently closed due to lack of time. My reopen in the future with revised rates.-
Some people have been asking me about this, so I decided to have a Doujinshi Translation Service, translating Chinese doujinshi to English so that you can understand your doujinshi!
I’m bilingual in English and Chinese, and I have experience translating Chinese doujinshi to English. I was the main translator of Chinese Rochu doujinshi for the Rochu fandom. I was translating Chinese NANA scanlations into English before the artist went on hiatus and you might have seen my work on Mangafox, Onemanga and whichever manga reader site that hosts NANA scans if you follow the series.
The following information is applicable to doujinshi, but I can translate anything from Chinese to English and vice versa. If you have something different in mind, please email me and we’ll discuss.
- I translate everything including sound effects and action words, and also free talk (If the Free Talk is quite long, I may charge more for that particular section).
- I will consider translating fanfics. The rates will be different.
- I’m open to all sorts of series, genres and content. However, child porn and animal abuse are hard nos.
- For series that I’m unfamiliar with, I’ll do a little research on the story background. But don’t expect me to be spot-on with English fan translations of things like nicknames, names of skills, accents, catchphrases etc. Some of this can be quite subjective and frankly speaking, non-official if based on scanlations of the series. Nonetheless I’m sure you can fix them yourself easily.
- I reserve the right to reject your request at my discretion.
- I only translate, I won’t typeset. I’ve done translations for typesetters with zero Chinese knowledge with no problems, so I’m sure you will be able to understand what goes where.
- Please send me large, clear, clean scans. I will accept photographs of pages, but they have to be easy to read.
- I won’t redistribute your scans.
- You may use my translations for scanlations.
- My translations are not for commercial use. If I find that you are selling scanlations made from my translations, I will ban you from my shopping service and translation service.
I accept the following payment methods:
- Paypal echeck (I can only process your order after the echeck has cleared)
- Credit Card via Paypal for non-Paypal members
- Any Singapore-based payment platform e.g. Bank transfer, Paynow, Paylah, Google Pay
- For any other payment methods, feel free to ask
I accept payments in USD and SGD currencies, based on live currency exchange rates.
For customers who bought your doujinshi through my shopping service, it’s 2 USD per page, or 20 USD per book, whichever costs more. Otherwise, it’s 3 USD per page, or 30 USD per book, whichever costs more.
You will not be charged for pages with just sound effects or minimal dialogue.
- I’m willing to work with a deadline. Let me know how long I have so I can decide whether to take on your project.
- You can begin by sending me 2 pages from your doujinshi, which I’ll translate as a preview for you. You get to see what my translation style is like before going ahead with the project and sending me more. The pages will also help me gauge whether your scans are clear enough for me to read.
- If you’re satisfied with my translation of the 2 preview pages you sent me, please make the payment in full before I start work on the rest of the pages.
- If you’re interested in using my translation service, send an email containing the title and series of the doujinshi you want translated, high quality scans/pictures of 2 pages from your doujinshi, and your deadline to the following email address:
I will reply you within 1 – 3 days. If you did not get my reply, it may be in your spam folder. Please check it! Thanks for your interest!