The payable amount consists of 2 parts:
1) Cost of item + service fees
2) Shipping to You
- 10% of product + domestic postage for most commercial online stores
- I may charge higher service fees for brick-and-mortar stores, events, sales listings where the only collection method is meet-up instead of postage and other more complex orders
The following explanation is meant to help you to understand what are the costs involved and to estimate how much you will be spending. The actual payment amount may differ slightly due to various factors and I will issue you a payment breakdown and the payment link for the confirmed amount upon receiving your order by email.
1) Cost of item + shopping service fees
- Listed prices are in Singapore dollars.
- Buying multiple items from the same store usually entitles you to combined domestic shipping discount.
- I will calculate for you exactly how much you have to pay before confirming your order, so don’t worry.
Let’s use this listing from Shopee Singapore as an example.
In the above example, $19.90 is the product price and $1.49 is the domestic postage.
(a) Open this Mastercard Currency Conversion Calculator
Input the values in the following format.
Open this Paypal fee calculator
Continuing with the example above, input the following values:
- Users who can use Singaporean platforms like local bank transfer and Paynow need not pay Paypal fees. When using the Mastercard Currency Conversion Calculator, choose SGD instead of USD to find out how much to pay in SGD.
2) Shipping to your country
This payment will only be required when your purchases are ready for shipping. This portion includes shipping fees, packaging costs and associated administrative costs (e.g. some couriers charge customs clearance fees). I do not charge additional service fees on top of these, but Paypal fees are billable expenses.
You can choose between Speedpost (EMS), registered airmail and registered surface mail. Refer to Singapore’s postal service) website for the shipping fee rates.
DHL, UPS and Fedex are also available, but at significantly higher rates.
You may ask me for a shipping fee estimate when you place your order, but with most shipping methods charging by volumetric weight instead of physical weight, please understand that it is difficult to estimate the shipping fees since I would not know the volumetric weight of your package until the items are actually packed for shipping.