In-house insurance can be purchased for my China, Japan, and Taiwan (Economy) shopping services. To insure your purchases against loss and damage, you will need to pay a small percentage of the value of your purchases.
However, it’s important to note that insurance has certain limitations:
- Claims for lost packages can only be made if the tracking status shows them as unknown or missing, which can take several months from the time of shipping. You cannot make a claim simply because the package is late or stuck at a certain status for a long time.
- If you need to make a claim for damage, you will be asked to provide video evidence of the damage before you opened the package.
- It can be challenging to make claims for damaged packages, as postal services often shift the blame onto others due to the multiple hands involved in the delivery process.
- If weather conditions are suspected to be the cause of parcel damage, the postal service will most likely not entertain claim requests.
- Fragile and breakable items are not covered by insurance.
If you still wish to purchase insurance, please let me know when you place your order so that I can make the necessary arrangements.